Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst/Industry Analyst - Measurement & Instrumentation
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure. For more than 53 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment. For more information, please visit: http://www.frost.com
Who are we seeking?
At Frost & Sullivan, we seek people who will do more than just analysis. You will play a significant role understanding client's issues, challenges and aspirations. We believe that your ability to deliver solutions to clients' problems will depend more on your talent, skills and real life experience than just your degree.
We are keen to employ people who have the potential to understand client issues, work hard to understand the underlying issues and accord priority to finding solutions to solve the problems. Here, your contributions will be as much important as our thought leadership and experience supporting clients. We are seeking people who can see a way though unfamiliarity, make sense out of limited information and draw insights from ambiguity. This quality will be critical to drum up critical support – both internal and external – to push ideas, plans and recommendations.
- Conduct research in the global measurement and instrumentation industry, including markets such as sensors, semiconductors, test and measurement and biometrics. This includes research on the aforementioned markets and vertical markets such as oil and gas, power generation, automotive and aerospace.
- Scope of research encompasses secondary and primary research with industry participants to collate qualitative and quantitative information.
- Qualitative information includes understanding market dynamics such as drivers, restraints and challenges, technology trends, macroeconomic trends and the like. Quantitative information includes industry/market sizing, market revenue forecast, market unit shipment forecast, competitive market share analysis and the like.
- Also, as part of research, identify and benchmark companies on industry best practices.
- Conduct primary and secondary research across the breadth of markets under the measurement and instrumentation business unit. Collate the information collected and develop reports that are published on www.frost.com.
- Scope of research is the global market which will entail working and collaborating with key team members based across the world in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
- Contribute directly to confidential custom projects, using specialist industry knowledge and research/strategic analysis skills.
- Write articles covering the key product, technology, geographical or market trends which will be published on www.frost.com and with key industrial publications.
- Develop industry expertise through continuous engagement with industry participants and clients. Typically, interact with C-level executives at key companies.
- Develop thought leadership and maintain an active blog publishing domain expertise that will be developed on the market.
- Travel for speaking engagements to key industry conferences.
- Develop relationships with industry experts who can be leveraged to generate leads and sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with the marketing and corporate communications teams to increase visibility, generating sales leads
- Collaborate with a global sales team to close leads and opportunities for research and consulting engagements.
- Play an active role in the contributing to the growth of the measurement and instrumentation business unit sales and product/service strategies
- Participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the content strategy by suggesting ways of improve existing products and generating ideas to develop newer analytical tools.
- Pro-actively manage the assigned program area by developing strong relationship with existing and potential clients and delivering thought leadership reports/insights.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Adept in information gathering; information processing
- Comfortable in analyzing unstructured data and delivering insights from the same
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in English
- Flair for creative problem solving; logical reasoning; analytical thinking; strategic thinking
- Good grounding in Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized team player with good sense of prioritization of time and multiple tasks
- Energetic self-starter comfortable with ambiguity
- Proactive approach to business development and sales
- Collaborative team player
- Comfortable to accommodate changes in work timings to suit global client expectations
- Industry expertise in oil and gas or manufacturing is an added advantage.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors in Electronics/Instrumentation/Mechanical Engineering, along with at least 2-8 years of corporate experience, or
- Masters in any of the above/MBA and at least 4 - 6 years of corporate experience
- Prior experience with measurement and instrumentation companies is highly desirable