Instructional Designer - Career Development & Training
About Frost & Sullivan:
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure. For more than 54 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment. For more information, please visit: http://www.frost.com
Who are we seeking?
At Frost & Sullivan, we seek people who will do more than just analysis. You will play a significant role understanding client's business issues, challenges and aspirations. We believe that your ability to deliver solutions to clients' problems will depend more on your talent, skills and real life business experience than just your degree.
We are keen to employ people who care enough about a client's business problem, work hard to understand the underlying issues and accord priority to finding solutions to solve the problems. Here, your contributions will be as much important as our thought leadership and experience supporting clients. In solving business problems there are many unknowns. We are seeking people who can see a way though unfamiliarity, make sense out of limited information and draw insights from ambiguity. This quality will be critical to drum up critical support – both internal and external – to push ideas, plans and recommendations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Builds, maintains and manages relationships and partnerships with internal clients in an effort to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training curriculum development and/or changes in policies, procedures, regulations, or technologies.
- Designs, develops, and delivers training materials and initiatives across all departments and divisions, working with all levels of management, to ensure curricula meets Frost & Sullivan standard blended learning concepts to include utilization and combination of classroom instructor-led, synchronous webinar and asynchronous web-based training.
- Assists in evaluating and prioritizing all development projects, ensuring consistency and compliance with corporate standards, initiatives and established training mandates.
- Conducts needs analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts on objectives and course content
- Creates storyboards, scripts, course content (including traditional eLearning courseware, software simulations, and blended learning), job aides, learner guides, and student directions
- Designs, enhances, produces, assembles and delivers printed and/or produced training and service materials
- Creates and delivers multilevel pre- and post-training surveys using industry proven approaches to include analyzing data to identify trends in current and anticipated needs.
- Provides new hire supervisory support during the training period by documenting performance and attendance issues, coaching and counseling of trainees, handling all time and attendance records during training; and temporarily maintaining the new hire personnel records.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Analyze learning aims and objectives and work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design
- Apply instructional design theories and practice
- Develop innovative ideas for e-Learning resources
- Work effectively with colleagues to create compelling and engaging deliverables
- Use appropriate writing styles to make content easy to understand for the target audience
- Discuss ideas for images, graphics and animations with team member before
- Specifying them for development
- Produce well written audio and video scripts to produce high quality course assets
- Maintain project documentation and course folders during the project lifecycle
- Qualifications in instructional/curriculum design, particularly for online delivery or a related area
- Instructional design experience in the creation of e-Learning
- Highly literate with some demonstrable writing ability
- Good visual design skills and the ability to create storyboard
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
Is aware of the following:
- Open source technology based Learning Solution implementations.
- Learning and Training Solution Design / Consultancy.
- Custom Learning Content Development / Rapid e-Learning Course Development.
- Business Simulations (Scenario based, Case study based) Design and Development.
- Game-based Learning Design and Development.
- Assessment Engines Design and Development.
- Web Development Tools and Technologies Search Engine Marketing.
- Google Analytics and Technology based marketing campaigns.
- Learning Standards (SCORM, AICC, QTI, HTML5, TINCAN).
- Competency Management.
- Quality Management System (QMS) Development & Implementation.
- Productivity Enhancement Strategies
I. Multimedia technology
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Quark Xpress
- Corel Draw
II . Authoring Tools:
- PowerPoint add-ins
- Stand-alone software tools
- Cloud based eLearning solutions
- Moodle Preferred