Principal Consultant – Aerospace & Defence & Security
Frost & Sullivan, founded in 1961, is a global growth consulting company dedicated to providing innovative growth strategies and market intelligence to a broad portfolio of International blue chip companies. With a client list that includes global 1000 organizations, emerging companies and the investment community, Frost and Sullivan has evolved into one of the premier growth consulting companies in the world.
The Aerospace, Defence & Security (ADS) practice is one the company’s fastest growing and most profitable BUs globally with a strong footprint as an Industry thought leader across Aerospace, Defence & Security. ADS have a strong track record of delivering security research and consulting across a range of verticals including safe cities, first responders and critical national infrastructure. Key objectives of the ADS business unit in 2018/19 are to grow its advisory services consulting business and expand its security offerings.There is currently a permanent vacancy for Principal Consultant within the EI business practice. The job entails complete responsibility for winning new business as Engagement Manager, Delivering projects as one of the Senior Consultants in the team and expanding Frost & Sullivan’s thought leadership in the Security space.
The security research and consulting team covers technology and equipment across the market including communications, command and control solutions, video surveillance, analytics and cyber security. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of these technologies as well as the companies operating in this space. Whilst this position is not for a cyber security expert, knowledge of this area is required.
This position description provides a summary only of the key responsibilities of the role. The incumbent may also be requested to assist with additional tasks from time to time.
- Drive the growth of the Security business through proactive business development and creating innovative product offerings
- This senior level research position is an essential and high visibility role within the ADS practice, which requires close client collaboration, the ability to establish strong alliances with key business stakeholders, conducting detailed needs analysis and drive the future development of the Security practice.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- New business development working closely with our client base across the world
- Develop and maintain effective business/partnership relationships with key international/regional clients and functional areas in security
- Provide expert advice to clients on business strategy and planning; present findings and insights
- Develop proposal development including research design and costing projects
- Anticipate and identify emerging business issues and/or opportunities
- Develop ideas for multi-client studies and bring to market
- Provide internal support and advice to other functions (Sales & Research) within the Global ADS practice.
Project Management and Consulting Delivery
- Manage and deliver complex multi-national projects in Security from concept development, questionnaire design, project execution, analysis, reporting and interpretation
- Prepare complete client-ready deliverables with interpretative commentary and strategic recommendations
- Writing client reports and construct presentations
- International travel to meet with clients and discuss their requirements.
Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong background in Security through consulting, industry or operational experience
- Proven experience in fact-based consulting / market research which at least 3 to 4 years in security
- Consultative thinking, focus on delivering the story, not just the data
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Strong analytical skills with sound understanding of and passion for data
People Management and Leadership
- Lead and mentor Associate Consultants/Research professionals; promoting innovative ideas and developing research best practice/process.
- An Industry thought leader with proactive attitude to winning new business
- Organized, outgoing, and capable of delivering tangible results in a fast paced and creative environment
- Attentive to details and showing strategic insights in the delivery of research findings. Ability to facilitate workshops
- Excellent MS Office skills, esp. in PowerPoint
- A postgraduate qualification in International Relations, Security Studies or MBA would be advantageous
- And last but not least – Passion, fun and motivation in working on complex and challenging global projects in an international environment
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
You must be eligible to work in the EU for any employer.
Frost & Sullivan is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Contact us now if you meet the requirements of the role by sending your cover letter and CV