Consultant - Aerospace & Defence
Consultant - Aerospace & Defence
Frost & Sullivan is a premier global research and consulting company. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Today, Frost & Sullivan continues to work with CxOs and their teams on transformational growth strategies around digital technologies, new business models and mega trends across 12 industry verticals. Headquartered in California, Frost & Sullivan has offices in over 40 countries.
The Aerospace & Defence Consulting practice is dedicated to partnering with leading industry players within the Aerospace, Defence and Security sectors by providing strategic market research and consulting solutions.
This area of business seeks an individual with a solid Defence background to fulfil the following key objectives and responsibilities;
- To increase business development activities and client contact
- Specialise in a particular domain area – Defence
- Produce high quality growth consulting and GPS deliverables
- Increase client satisfaction levels and have clarity of how well the research services contribute to the revenues and profitability of the CBU and the company
- Develop a strong foundation of skills, contacts, and industry knowledge as well as gradually get more involved in business development
- To take responsibility for project management
- Coaching and Mentoring of Research Analysts to increase their contribution to the CBU
- Utilising market research methods such as primary and secondary data collection, quantitative and forecast model building, qualitative analysis and research report writing
- Under the directions of your supervisor the billable hours will be split between the following activities: syndicated research, consulting projects, and business development and client support. Such activities will include trade show attendance, speaking engagements, inquiry time, analyst meetings, sales calls, article delivery, client councils, press quotes and frost.com vertical portal support, among others
- Complete high quality projects on time and under budget
- Ensure personal production schedule is on target
- Exhibit strong, and improve, forecasting/modelling skills
- Provide high quality contributions to the syndicated subscriptions, meeting the deadlines set by the manager
- Develop new market consulting skills, such as advanced modelling, public speaking, and provocative writing
Sales / Business Development
- To focus on profitability through a combination of business development activities and productivity
- Meet business targets and objectives for the sector, in particular revenue generation, research generation and consulting project fulfilment
- Identify consulting leads and support subscription renewals
- Work on Corporate Communications (formerly PR) activity, including press mentions, articles and broadcast interviews
- Develop, coach and mentor staff within the team
- Assess training needs
- Working as a team with Sales and Consulting, and other regional teams of the of same CBU, for global unity
- Work closely with counterparts in other regions with similar domain expertise
- Maintain a positive working environment in the research team and be motivating in nature
- Develop strategic tools and quantitative models on a regular basis
- Participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the content strategy by suggesting research titles
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in the Defence Industry
- Experience in conducting primary and secondary research, market analysis and synthesis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong Ability to acquire, analyse and manage information
- Ability to work with team members based remotely and ability to interact with senior level executives
- Strong client relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Natural team player
- Bachelors / Masters Degree or MBA in related technical or business discipline
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We believe in career progression. We therefore invest in training and career development, with defined career paths available to those who demonstrate higher levels of success.
If you are interested in working in a fast paced, dynamic and rewarding work environment and you meet the requirements of this role, please forward your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to the email address provided.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
You must be eligible to work in the EU for any employer.
Frost & Sullivan is an Equal Opportunities employer.