Research Analyst - Automation & Electronics
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company’s Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO’s Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents.
We are looking for driven individuals to join us in a fast-paced environment at our newest office in Seri Medini, Iskandar Malaysia, Johor Bahru. This office will include 5 global Centers of Excellence: A financial centre, a research and consulting centre, a GIL University (Growth, Innovation and Leadership), innovation and a digital media centre of excellence. Our Iskandar office will go through rapid growth potentially becoming the largest office in Frost & Sullivan globally.
We would like to invite motivated candidates to develop an exciting career by being part of our growth team in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor Bahru.
Frost & Sullivan will offer an attractive remuneration to suitable candidates with growth opportunities at the Asia Pacific level!
- Keep pace with technology developments, funding, partnerships, R&D focus areas, stakeholders in the innovation ecosystem
- Understand business implications of technology / product innovations and /or related initiatives
- Identify and evaluate industry best practices in technology / product innovations & technology leadership
- Mine, analyse, and synthesize volumes of data towards addressing specific business objectives within technology / innovation management (such as Intellectual Property evaluation, R&D management, portfolio planning, technology valuation, technology forecasting, technology benchmarking, technology commercialization)
- Formulate technology roadmaps; recommend productisation plan / new business opportunities
- Data collection through secondary and primary research (via interviews with corporates, academia, national research labs, investors etc.,)
- Contribution to technology news alerts, syndicated and/or custom technology reports, analyst briefings, media / press articles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Adept in Information Gathering; Information Processing
- Exposure to Data Modelling using Frameworks, Management Models
- Excellent Oral & Written Communication Skills in English
- Flair for Creative Problem Solving; Logical Reasoning; Analytical Thinking; Strategic Thinking
- Good grounding in Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized team player with good sense of prioritization of time and multiple tasks
- Energetic self-starter comfortable with ambiguity
- Collaborative team player
- Comfortable to accommodate changes in work timings to suit global client expectations
- Knowledge of a foreign language (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean) would be an additional advantage
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent, and a Business postgraduate qualification (MBA)
- Strong understanding of market research/consulting methodologies, ideally within the Industrial sectors
- Knowledge and at least 3-7 year experience within Industrial Automation, Process Control, Industrial products, Test & Measurement, Electronics, and Sensors etc.
- Masters in any of the above, preferably with at least one year of corporate experience, OR
- Bachelors in any of the above, with Masters in Business, OR
- Fresh degree holders with excellent academic qualifications from prominent universities will be considered as well
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to visit our website at www.frost.com before applying. Kindly state the position in the subject of your email and send your resume with a photo stating current & expected salary to: email@example.com