SENIOR DIRECTOR - Oil & Gas, Industrial Automation, Measurement & Instrumentation (M&I)
The CANDIDATE holds full responsibility for managing the programs of Oil & Gas, Automation, Machinery and M&I for APAC region. He/she will manage the program end to end including growth partnership subscription relationships, growth consulting and related services. The ideal candidate will ensure management of client engagements, the integrity of strategic and tactical recommendations and the development of detailed business/market strategies. The person will also be the definitive point of contact for clients and will be required to demonstrate expert knowledge of the markets and develop strong business partnerships. The key measure of success is the repeatable business that the Consultant can generate with specific clients, through Frost & Sullivan’s research and consulting offerings. This role will have revenue targets and customer satisfaction metrics . It will also entail travel across Asia Pacific region, as per business needs.
- Project Leadership - Manage the delivery of major strategic consulting engagements from inception to completion, incorporating design, plan, cost and management, primary research, developing bespoke client focused solutions through commercial leadership.
- Industry Interaction – Lead from the front by personally undertaking primary research and conducting strategic discussions with industry participants. Being well networked in the industry is a critical success factor for this function.
- Presentations – Ability to interpret research data and findings to prepare a succinct report/presentation appropriate for C-suite meetings. Support Partners/Business Unit leaders with material for such interactions.
- Business Development - Proactively develop and nurture client relationships, conducting detailed business needs analysis and demonstrating expert industry knowledge.
- Domain Expertise - Act as an industry expert and trusted advisor for key clients in the industrial automation sector, covering both traditional OT and IIoT
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
The successful candidate will be a professional and committed business consultant, with a thorough understanding of consulting methodologies. Proven success with direct client interaction, business development, custom research project fulfilment and a pro-active, methodical and innovative working practice is essential, with a proven ability to deliver accurate results within a fast paced, client focused environment.
- Degree in engineering, science and/or business is a must. Post-graduate qualification in management from leading universities preferable.
- About 20 years of experience in a strategic capacity at a research/consulting firm or a large Industrial Automation company. Related operational experience with a large end user in Oil & Gas (Upstream, LNG, refinery), Power, Iron & Steel, Pharma or Water/waste water industry will be useful
- Understanding the impact of emerging technologies and megatrends such as Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Block chain , New Business Models, IT-OT integration, life cycle services etc. on conventional industries
- Strong project management and client advisory skills
- Ability to convert information/data into client relevant and actionable strategic insights and thought leadership presentations
- Articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills