Research Analyst - Best Practices
Join the Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Research team and examine innovative companies throughout Africa. As a Best Practices Analyst, you can investigate the hottest trends in evolving industries such as healthcare, information technology, and devices. The principal responsibility is to conduct primary research by gathering critical information through web-based research and in-depth phone interviews—talking to chief company executives!
The investigational research will result in the writing of a detailed, publishable, analytical research deliverable about prospective award nominee companies, their competitors, and their supporting markets. Ideal candidates will have the propensity towards an analytical mindset, research abilities, and display marketable writing skills.
The analyst needs to develop his/her understanding of what global as well as local companies are doing and the impact that this has on the industry as a whole.
- Fluent English (read, write, and speak) is essential
- Minimum of a 3 year bachelor’s degree, honours preferable, from a reputable institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communication, journalism, public affairs, or other relative experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word and Excel)
- Previous experience with Internet-based research
- Must provide a self-authored writing sample for consideration
About the Role:
The analyst in this position is expected to:
- Work strategically with Best Practices team to bolster research efforts
- Properly position and communicate valuable information about Frost & Sullivan and the Best Practices research process
- Establish and conduct phone interviews with potential award candidates
- Reference interview notes and utilize existing templates to compose write ups about the potential Frost & Sullivan award recipient
- Assist Frost & Sullivan industry analysts with collecting and reviewing both primary and secondary data about potential award recipients and the competitive landscape
- Meet individual and team deadlines and monthly performance measures
Skills you will gain:
- Excellent business writing skills
- Interviewing skills
- Broad understanding of the Africa business context
- Personal growth and development
- Networking competencies and opportunities with our Industry Analysts & Consultants and identified stakeholder companies who license an award
How to apply
Please email your updated CV and cover letter, explicitly stating your skills match to the position and your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is for South African citizens only. If you have not received a response within three weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.