Research Analyst/ Senior Research Analyst - Mobility (Automotive & Transportation)
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure. For more than 54 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment. For more information, please visit: http://www.frost.com
- Frost & Sullivan is seeking industry experts in Automotive & Transportation (A&T) research & consulting team to work across global markets, viz. North America, Europe, Asia Pacific regions. The position offers a unique a blend of research / consulting and business development opportunities. As a key member of Frost & Sullivan’s research team, you will interact with the senior management team / top management of organizations in identifying key growth opportunities, market challenges and presenting strategies to propel growth.
- Monitoring Asia Pacific / European / North American Market for A&T Industry (BSIG/Telematics)
- Authoring market reports and White papers.
- As a part of the APAC / European / NA A&T team, you will collect, analyze and synthesize data on marketing conditions, business opportunities, global trends and market size/share.
- The main focus of this role would be to create, populate and maintain a team-wide database for quantitative and qualitative information on the A&T for APAC / European / NA Market.
- The candidate will work closely with the analysts in Chennai and APAC / Europe / NA to understand the team’s requirements for information and structure, to do research to populate/update the database with the necessary data points and to maintain the team’s overall repository of knowledge.
- Continuously monitor the Technology Market, and provide insightful quantitative and strategic analysis to our clients through market sector reports
- Aggregate data held by team analysts and conduct research to retrieve additional data from various official sources (e.g. international/regional organizations, country regulatory bodies, etc.)
- Format and generate spreadsheet reports and/or presentations from available data, when required
- To undertake business-to-business research, analyze industry trends and data, and generate client-focused reports, briefings, presentations and other content.
- To contribute directly to confidential custom projects, using specialist industry knowledge and research/strategic analysis skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong ability to acquire, analyze and manage information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3-6 years work experience in specified industry
- Ability to work independently while meeting deadlines and following procedures;
- Familiarity with business strategy and business applications;
- Ability to synthesize business implications with a grasp of market dynamics
- Natural team player
- Self-starter with strong ability to work independently
- Good organizational, time management and project management skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel (Lotus Notes would also be advantageous)
- Experience in building and working with spreadsheet-based databases desirable
Qualifications and Experience
- An Engineering degree with or without a MBA having an experience of 3 to 6 years in the above domains within the A&T sector.